Cheddar Apple Crisp
How to Make Cheddar Apple Crisp
- Slice the apples. A corer-slicer makes this job a snap.
- Put the apple slices in a large mixing bowl, toss with the lemon juice and water.
- Arrange the apple slice mixture in a 9x9" baking dish that has been prepared with food release spray.
- Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and sprinkle over the apples.
- Combine remaining sugar with the flour and salt. Work in the butter with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- Stir in the cheese.
- Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- Bake at 350* about 45 minutes, until the apples are tender and the crumble is golden brown.
- NOTE: You can use whatever apple you like, but I think Granny Smith is the best, or maybe Pippin.
This recipe is easy to multiply.
It can easily be made gluten free by substituting gluten free flour. I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour.