Cheddar Apple Crisp
How to Make Cheddar Apple Crisp
- 1Slice the apples. A corer-slicer makes this job a snap.
- 2Put the apple slices in a large mixing bowl, toss with the lemon juice and water.
- 3Arrange the apple slice mixture in a 9x9" baking dish that has been prepared with food release spray.
- 4Combine 1/4 cup of the sugar, cinnamon, and salt, and sprinkle over the apples.
- 5Combine remaining sugar with the flour and salt. Work in the butter with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- 6Stir in the cheese.
- 7Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the apples.
- 8Bake at 350* about 45 minutes, until the apples are tender and the crumble is golden brown.
- 9NOTE: You can use whatever apple you like, but I think Granny Smith is the best, or maybe Pippin.
This recipe is easy to multiply.
It can easily be made gluten free by substituting gluten free flour. I like Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour.