Brown Betty with Vanilla Marscapone
If you don't have marscapone, use a scoop of vanilla ice cream (but if you are at the store, just get the marscapone... not as expensive as most people think. In fact, a little tub of marscapone costs as much as a tub of vanilla ice cream!)
- 1 can(s)
- green apple
- 1/2 c
- 1/3 c
- hawaiian bread rolls
- 1 stick
- 1 Tbsp
- white sugar
- 1/2 c
- brown sugar
- zest of one lemon
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla extract
- vanilla marscapone:
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract for each dollop of marscapone cheese
How to Make Brown Betty with Vanilla Marscapone
- 1Melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in pan. (Put rest of butter in fridge to keep chill until ready to use later...it will be easier to work with later if its kept very cold.)
- 2Slice peaches into half slices (just cut slices in half). Add to pan. (Reserve juice from can).
- 3Peel apple and slice into lengthwise, thick julienne slices. Add to pan.
- 4Add blueberries whole into pan. Slice strawberries and blackberries and add to pan.
- 5Add white sugar and vanilla into pan. Simmer on low, stirring often, until carmelized and soft. Will take about 10-15 minutes.
- 6In the meantime, dice the rest of the butter, and tear up hawaiian rolls into small pieces. Combine in a bowl.
- 7Take fruit off heat. Mix in half of the brown sugar, the lemon zest, and half of the bread mixture.
- 8Put fruit mix into baking pan (I use a 9 X 9 X 3 square pan, but this would probably fit into a round pie pan, too). Top with rest of the bread mixture, and slice bananas on top. Top the whole thing with rest of the brown sugar.
- 9Bake 25 minutes. Before serving, on the plate mix a dollop of marscapone with 1/4 tsp of vanilla. Spread on plate and serve a scoop of brown betty on top. :)