BlueBerry Strawberry 4th of July
- 3 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- baking soda
- 2 tsp
- baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 c
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c
- 2 c
- frozen blueberries thawed
- 1/2 c
- 12 large
- strawberries, fresh
- 2 Tbsp
- your favorite whipped topping.
How to Make BlueBerry Strawberry 4th of July
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside. In a smaller bowl add a tsp of the dry ingredients to the blue berries and toss.
- 2In another large bowl, whisk together the sugar, butter, egg and milk. Add the dry ingredients. Stir mixture till ingredients are wet. Add the blueberries and incorporate them but do not over stir.
- 3Fill liners in the muffin tins till they are almost full. Then sprinkle the 1/4 cup of sugar on the top of the muffins.
- 4Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes. Until a spaghetti strand comes out clean.
- 5When done cool and store until ready to serve. While the muffins are cooling, clean and slice strawberries and macerate.
- 6When ready to serve split muffins in half and fill the gap with strawberries add your favorite whipped cream and enjoy your red white and blue dessert.