★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar, plus more for sprinkling
- 4 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. unsalted butter, cubed, chilled
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 1/2 lb. blueberries
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- vanilla ice cream, for serving
How to Make Blueberry Slump
- 11. Whisk together flour, ¼ cup sugar, baking powder, and ½ tsp. salt in a large bowl; add butter, and using your fingers, rub butter into flour until pea-size crumbles form. Add milk, and stir just until a moist dough forms; cover and refrigerate dough until ready to use.
2. Heat oven to 400°. Bring remaining sugar and salt along with blueberries and citrus juices to a boil in a 12? cast-iron or enamelware skillet over high heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove pan from heat, and using two tablespoons, portion and form chilled dough into 2 to 3? oval dumplings, and drop them evenly on top of the blueberry mixture. Sprinkle dough dumplings with sugar, and transfer skillet to oven; bake until biscuits are cooked through and blueberry mixture is reduced, about 25 minutes. Serve hot with vanilla ice cream, if you like.