3 stickbutter, softened
3/4 clight brown sugar, firmly packed
3/4 cgranulated white sugar
2 tspvanilla extract
3/4 calmond flour or very finely ground almonds
2 3/4 call purpose flour
1 1/2 cblackberry jam, seedless
How to Make BLACKBERRY BARS
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the butter and sugars; beat until creamy. Add the vanilla and salt and beat until well combined.
- Add the almond flour and the all-purpose flour into the butter mixture on low speed and beat just until a smooth dough forms.
- Divide the dough in half. Wrap one half in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Press the other half into the bottom of a lightly sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Bake the crust in a preheated 325-degree oven about 20 minutes or until it is just beginning to brown around the edges. Remove from oven.
- Place the blackberry jam in a bowl and stir well until it is very smooth. Spread the jam evenly over the partially baked crust. Crumble the refrigerated dough over the jam to form a crumbled topping.
- Return the pan to the oven and continue baking about 30 minutes, until the topping is firm and golden crisp. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Sprinkle lightly with powdered sugar before cutting into bars.