Bisquick Shortcake & Cobbler
2 1/3 cbisquick
4 1/2 Tbspsugar (divided)
3 Tbspbutter or margarine, melted (stick not whipped)
2/3 cevaporated milk or whipping cream
1/3 tspcinnamon, ground
6 to 8fresh peaches, apples, plums, or 2 pints of fresh berries or cherries of your choice sweetened with sugar to your taste.
How to Make Bisquick Shortcake & Cobbler
- Melt butter or margarine in microwave and set aside. (Do not use whipped margarine or butter, only sticks)
- In 2 qt mixing bowl mix Bisquick, 3 1/2 tablespoons of sugar, and cinnamon with a fork or whisk until well blended.
- Add melted butter and evaporated milk or cream to dry mixture and stir with fork or whisk just until blended. Don't overmix, mixture should be moist and sticky.
- To make shortcakes, drop by heaping tablespoons on a non stick cookie sheat. (should be about as big around as the top of a regular cupcake) Bake in 400 degree oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle top of shortcakes with remaining tablespoon of sugar and bake until golden brown. These are best when served warm, just carefully slice in half, put bottom half in serving bowl, cover with fresh berries, peaches or fruit of your choice. Place other half on top and add more fruit and serve with whipped cream or topping.
- For cobbler, place pie filling or sweetened fruit of your choice in a 1 1/2 to 2 Quart baking dish and carefully spread Bisquick mixture on top, (I use my hands) Don't worry if it doesn't completely cover all the fruit it will spread out and cover when it bakes. Sprinkle top of cobbler with remaining tablespoon of sugar and bake in 400 degree oven for 35 to 40 minutes until golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream or topping of your choice. Delish!!!