- fresh peaches, cut in half and pitted (white peaches are my favorite or you can sub nectarine or apricots)
- 1/2 c
- dark balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 c
- freshly squeezed orange juice (save some of the orange zest for garnish, if desired)
- 1 Tbsp
- honey, warmed *gently* so that it is easier to stir
- 6 Tbsp
- crème fraîche or homemade whipped cream (please, no cool whip)
How to Make Balsamic Peaches with Crème Fraîche
- 1Place peaches, cut-side up, in a large casserole dish
- 2In a non-reactive prep bowl, whisk together the dark balsamic vinegar, orange juice, and honey. Pour over peaches and set aside to absorb for 15 minutes.
- 3In a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, place peaches, cut-side down, along with the marinade. Cook about 3 minutes, or until slightly softened. If the peaches look like they may start to burn, lower heat. Transfer a peach half to each serving dish, add a dollop of crème fraîche, garnish of orange zest if desired and drizzle marinade from the pan over and around.