Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
How to Make Baked Cinnamon Apple Chips
- 1Preheat oven to 225
- 2Place a wire cooling rack on a sheet of foil and coat lightly with cooking spray
- 3Combine water and sugar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir to make sure sugar dissolves. Boil hard for five minutes until it is the consiostancy of a light syrup.
- 4Core your apples and slice them into strips or rings. (thicker strips with bake chewy thinner strips will bake up crisp)
- 5Place chips in a large bowl and pour sugar syrup over them while it is still hot and boiling.
- 6Toss with tongs making sure apples are coated with syrup well.
- 7Remove apples from syrup one slice at qa time and put on cooling rack, do not over lap them.
- 8Bring up sides of foil and pinch to edges of rack.
- 9Sprinkle cinnamon sugar lightly over the tops of the apple chips.
- 10Bake for 2 1/2 hours and then loosen chips but leave on rack to cool.
- 11Chips will crisp up as they cool
- 12Dust with additional cinnamon if desired and enjoy