☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
6apples , peeled cored and sliced (will be around 8 cups little less is fine too)
4 1/4 cflour
1 csugar + 1 tbl.
2 1/2 tspcinnamon
3/4 cbutter, softened
2egg yolks (reserve 1 egg white)
1 cpowdered sugar
1 tspvanilla extract
How to Make apple strudel
- core, peel and slice apples. toss with 1/2 c flour, 1 c sugar 1 1/2 tsp of cinnamon , cloves and ginger. set aside
- cream butter and shortening add salt , 1 tbl. sugar. 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 egg whites with enough water to make 1 cup. beat lightly and add to butter mixture
- add 3 3/4 cups of flour to mixture and mix. Once mixed kneed LIGHTLY just a couple folds.. divide in 1/2 and roll 1 of the 1/2s out on to greased pan.10 x 15 This is very delicate pastry so I just roll it on the pan .. I never seem to have saran wrap around to do between and then lay it on the pan lol
- top pastry with the apple mixture.. pour the sugar flour thats left over the apples trying to distribute well.
- Roll out the other 1/2 of pastry and lay on top. Brush with egg whites and slit top with knife.
Bake at 350 for 40 =45 minutes.. until edges are lightly browned and top is golden.
- mix powdered sugar , 2 tbl. milk, and vanilla extract. drizzle ALL over warm pastry .. cut and YUM!