- 3 lb
- apples, mixture of granny smith and red delicious
- 2 stick
- butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 c
- flour, organic/all purpose
- 3/4 c
- turbinado sugar
- 1/3 c
- dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 tsp
How to Make APPLE CRISP
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Have ready an unbuttered 2 inch deep 2quart baking dish. Peel, core and cut the apples into one inch chunks;
- 2Spread evenly into the baking dish.
Combine in a bowl all of the dry ingredients, add one stick butter cut into small pieces. Using a pastry blender, cut the butter into the dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse bread crumbs, taking care not to blend the butter too thoroughly.
- 3Scatter the topping evenly over the fruit.
- 4Bake until top is golden brown, the juices are bubbling and the apples are tender - 50 to 55 minutes.
Serve hot or cold.