7 mediumtart apples
4 tspfresh lemon juice
1/2 tspvanilla extract
1/4 cchopped nuts (i used pecans)
1 cbrown sugar
1/2 tspground cinnamon
1 cold fashioned rolledoats
1/2 ccold goat butter
How to Make Apple Crisp
- Preheat oven to 375'F. In a large bowel combine the apples, lemon juice and vanilla. Toss them all together.
- Layer the sliced apples in a 9x12" casserole dish.
- Mix the sugar, cinnamon and oatmeal in a bowl. Cut the butter into pieces and using your fingers mix it into the sugar oatmeal mixture. The heat from you hands will help melt the butter a bit.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until apples are tender and topping is golden.
- Serve with whipped cream or a la mode.