Also, a few have complained about lumps. Lumps come from the dry ingredients not being completely dissolved when stirred into the milk. Make sure to mix it very well, then return to the heat and continue to stir. I used a metal whisk/whip to do so and have never had such issues.
I hope you enjoy. I know everyone i make it for does. *smiles*
How to Make Vanilla Pudding
- In medium saucepan over medium heat, heat milk until bubbles form at edges.
- In a bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and salt. Pour into hot milk, a little at a time, stirring to dissolve.
- Continue to cook and stir until mixture thickens enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Do not boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in vanilla and butter.
- Pour into serving dishes. Chill before serving.