☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4cup scant hot milk
4 Tbspsugar flovored with 4 drops of vanilla essence, divided
2 can(s)white breadcrumbs, cubed
4 smalleggs divided
1 cdried fruit your choice soaked in a 1/2 c. of sherry overnight
1 cstrwberry jam/preserves(please don't use jelly)
3 Tbspmelted butter
How to Make Monmouth Pudding
- Pour half the milk and half of the sugar over then breadcrumbs. Leave to absorb the milk. Add beaten egg yolks.
- Separate the yolks and the whites of the eggs. Beat the yolks mix into the breasdcrumbs Whisk whites with the remaoning sugar and chill.
- Pour half the breadcrumb mixture in the pudding dish. Spread the base of the dish with the sherried soaked fruit.
- Spread the jam over the bread crumbs. Top with the remaining breadcrumbs. Pour melted butter on top.
- Bake in a slow oven 300*F for 30 minutes or until set.
- take eggs whites/sugar mix and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of breadcrumbs and brow in 450*F oven for 5 minutes until meringue is browned.