☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- cup scant hot milk
- 4 Tbsp
- sugar flovored with 4 drops of vanilla essence, divided
- 2 can(s)
- white breadcrumbs, cubed
- 4 small
- eggs divided
- 1 c
- dried fruit your choice soaked in a 1/2 c. of sherry overnight
- 1 c
- strwberry jam/preserves(please don't use jelly)
- 3 Tbsp
- melted butter
How to Make Monmouth Pudding
- 1Pour half the milk and half of the sugar over then breadcrumbs. Leave to absorb the milk. Add beaten egg yolks.
- 2Separate the yolks and the whites of the eggs. Beat the yolks mix into the breasdcrumbs Whisk whites with the remaoning sugar and chill.
- 3Pour half the breadcrumb mixture in the pudding dish. Spread the base of the dish with the sherried soaked fruit.
- 4Spread the jam over the bread crumbs. Top with the remaining breadcrumbs. Pour melted butter on top.
- 5Bake in a slow oven 300*F for 30 minutes or until set.
- 6take eggs whites/sugar mix and beat until stiff peaks form. Spread on top of breadcrumbs and brow in 450*F oven for 5 minutes until meringue is browned.