Homemade Banana Pudding
3 largeeggs, separated
1 Tbspmadascar pure vanilla
1/4 tspcream of tartar
1/2 boxvanilla wafers cookies
2 tspbutter, cold
How to Make Homemade Banana Pudding
- Use a medium heavy duty sauce pan.Add in 1 cup sugar and 1/4 cup flour.Whisk together well.
- Separate 3 eggs and put yolks into pan.Save egg whites in medium bowl with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 tsp of tarter,set aside for now.Put 2 cups of milk into pan also.Whisk all together as you cook on medium stovetop heat.Add in 2 tsp butter.
- Whisking as you cook the whole time until pudding is thick,take off heat now.And build your 3 banana,s and broken cookies in metal bowl(layer by layer)with pudding being every third layer.
- Now take your oven safe metal bowl that has egg whites,sugar,tartar in it and beat with electric mixer until stiff peaks form in egg whites(about 7-10 min.)Pour over banana pudding and set stove to BROIL setting and just brown the merinque lightly (WATCHING)every second it,s in the oven.Does not take long at all. ENJOY!
- No more trips to the store as long as you keep milk and eggs on hand. JUST REMEMBER 3 banana,s and a box of wafers to keep in the pantry.