It comes from my first and the only cook book that I had at the time Mccalls copyrighted 1963. The cover has since fallen off, and I still refer to this today for my classic family favorites.
This is probably the simplest of bread pudding recipies around, but want to share it anyway.
How to Make Bread Pudding
- 1You will want to use 1 1/2 quart casserole that has been well sprayed with non stick spray and pre heat your oven to 350°
- 2Mix the 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon.
- 3Cut the crusts off the bread, brush with melted butter, and cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Put one layer to cover the bottom of the casserole dish.
- 4Spinkle with 1 tablespoon cinnanmon sugar mixture
- 5Sprinkle half the raisins over bread, then add another layer of bread cubes.
- 6Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of cinnamon sugar mixture over bread, and the sprinkle the rest of the raisins.
- 7In a bowl whisk together the eggs, milk and remaining sugar mixture, whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- 8Pour milk mixture over bread in the casserole and give this a few minutes for the bread to soak in the milk.
- 9Meanwhile in a pan that will fit your casserole add some hot water. You will want to have 1 inch of hot water to put your casserole in. Set that in the oven while your bread is soaking.