Strawberry Raspberry Pie
- your favorite pie crust or refrigerator crust for 9" pie
- 2 c
- strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 2 c
- raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 c
- 3 Tbsp
- corn starch
- 2 Tbsp
- orange marmalade
- egg, beat with 1 tablespoon water
- 1 Tbsp
- sliced almonds (optional)
- 1/3 c
- powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- vanilla extract
How to Make Strawberry Raspberry Pie
- 1Prepare crust for pie. Preheat oven to 425F
Place bottom crust in pie plate
- 2To prepare filling, cut stems off strawberries and cut in half or in fourths if they are large. Put rinsed fresh berries in large bowl, add sugar and cornstarch. Stir the marmalade with a spoon until its thin, then add to berries. Mix gently with large spoon. If using frozen fruit, just thaw slightly and pour off liquid, before adding sugar, cornstarch and marmalade. Pour into pie crust.
- 3If doing a lattice pie, roll out crust and cut strips with pizza cutter and arrange in lattice pattern over filling. Pinch and seal edges and flute. Brush with egg and water mixture and sprinkle with almonds, if desired.
Bake 10 mins. Reduce to 350 and bake 40 minutes. Let cool completely on wire rack.
- 4Whisk powdered sugar, water and vanilla in small bowl until smooth. Drizzle over pie.
Note: For making a 2 crust pie, seal the edges, flute and make a couple slits in center of top crust to allow heat to escape. Also, let the pie rest a few hours before serving and it will slice up nicely.