Strawberry Coconut Tart
Catherine Cappiello Pappas
- 1 quart of fresh strawberries – remove stems
- 2 cups breakfast cereal – your favorite
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla – optional
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- dash of salt
How to Make Strawberry Coconut Tart
- 1Heat a small saucepot with the sugar, water, salt and cornstarch. Stirring for five minutes or so until the mixture thickens and becomes clear, then add the vanilla.
Place the cereal and margarine in a food processor and process until smooth. Press into a pie dish. Arrange the strawberries to fill the pie dish and top with the shredded coconut and glaze.
Place in the refrigerator for at least one hour before serving.
Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
Serve with whip cream or ice cream.