Rustic Cherry Tart
Makes me want to try those Pear tarts you see in the french books :)
5-6 Tbspcold water (ice cold)
1 can(s)cherry pie filling
1/2 cpacked brown sugar
4 Tbspmelted butter
1 1/4 cpowdered sugar
1 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbspwater or milk
How to Make Rustic Cherry Tart
- Sift flour and salt into mixing bowl.
Cut in shortening, using a pastry blender or knife until mixture is the size of small peas.
Sprinkle water a little at a time over mixture stirring lightly with fork until dough is just moist enough to hold together.
Wrap in saran wrap and refrigerate for at least an hour. Pie dough can be made and refrigerated 2 days in advance.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix together the crumbles and set aside.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry into a 14-in. circle. Transfer to a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet.
whisk your egg and water/milk together and set aside.
- Add the whole can of cherries and fold the edges over (about 2 1/2-3 inch, in) Once edges are made, Add Crumbles to the top of the cherries and brush the crust with egg wash, and bake at 375* for 20-25 mins
- while baking, mix together your icing, and set aside.
- Once done, remove from the oven let cool for 15-20 mins and drizzle the icing over the top and serve!