Rose Mary's LOW FAT/LESS SUGAR Apple Pie
Rose Mary Mogan
Much of the sugars comes from the natural sweetness of the apples, as it is made with a Zero calorie sweetener, & no butter is added to the pie.
It really does taste great, & while you wouldn't have this all the time, an occasional dessert may be just what you need as a pick me up. Plus you omit having the guilt. Give it a try.
- 5 medium
- granny smith apples peeled, cored & sliced
- 4 medium
- gala or red delicious apples, peeled, cored & sliced
- 3/4 c
- splenda or other zero calorie sweetener
- 3 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- lemon juice
- 1 pkg
- 2 crust refrigerated pie crust
- 1 medium
- egg beaten with 1 tbs. water
- 2 tsp
- decorators sugar, optional
How to Make Rose Mary's LOW FAT/LESS SUGAR Apple Pie
- 1This pie makes 8 average servings. These are the main ingredients used in the pie besides the apples. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. There are 273 calories per serving, 48 carbs because of the double crust, only 8 grams of fat, 2 grams of protein, 170 Mg of sodium, 21 grams of sugar, and 6 grams of Fiber. PLUS IT TASTES FANTASTIC.
- 4Arrange the first pie crust into the bottom of a deep dish pie plate, then fill with the sliced apples. Cover with the second pie crust. Sealing the top crust to the bottom crust, and crimping along the edge. Then make 4 to 6 slits in top of crust, to allow the steam to escape while cooking. Beat the egg with water and brush the egg wash over the top of the pie. Sprinkle with decorators sugar if desired. Place in preheated 425 degree F. oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then lower temperature to 350 and bake for an additional 45 to 50 minutes, until pie is golden brown.