Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
How to Make Old-Fashioned Apple Pie
- Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Mix lightly through apples.
- Heap in 9" pastry lined pie plate. Dot with butter.
- Adjust top crust and flute edges; cut vents.( Before putting top crust on take finger and dab some cool water on bottom crust edge this will help seal the top and bottom crust.)
- Sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on top crust.
- Bake in hot oven (425) degrees 50- to 60 minutes, or until crust is browed and apples are tender.