Not Derby Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
18- or 9-inch unbaked piecrust
1 csemisweet chocolate chips
2large eggs , lightly beaten
8 Tbsp(1 stick) butter, melted and cooled
1 cwalnuts, coarsely ground
1 tspvanilla extract
·whipped cream for garnish, optional
How to Make Not Derby Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8- or 9-inch pie plate at hand.
- Place the unbaked pie shell in the pie plate. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie shell evenly with chocolate chips.
- Whisk together the eggs, sugar and flour in a mixing bowl.
- Gradually mix in the melted butter, then add the nuts and vanilla.
- Carefully pour the mixture over the chocolate chips, in a circular motion so it does not disturb the chips.
- Bake for 1 hour, until the filling is set.
- Serve slightly warm, with whipped cream if desired.