marlene's frozen margarita pie
- prepared graham cracker pie crust (9-inch)
- 1/4 c
- 1 pkg
- unflavored gelatin
- 1 c
- liquid margarita mix
- 3 Tbsp
- drops green food coloring
- 1/3 c
- 8 oz
- frozen whipped desert topping, thawed
- lime twists for garnish, optional
1. Place the 1/4 cup water in a small bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1-1/2 minutes until boiling. Add gelatin; stir until dissolved.
2. In a large bowl, whisk margarita mix, sugar, food coloring and tequila until sugar is completely dissolved. Whisk in gelatin mixture until thoroughly blended. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. Reserve 1-1/3 cups of the whipped dessert topping. Whisk the remaining dessert topping into the margarita mixture for 1 to 2 minutes until well blended and uniform in color. If a darker color is desired, add food coloring, one drop at a time, stirring well after each.
4. Pour mixture into chilled pie shell. Loosely cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 3 hours. Can be made up to 1 day in advance.
5. To serve, remove pie from refrigerator; let set for 10 minutes. Spoon reserved topping onto the center of the pie, garnish with lime twists, if desired, and slice.