Maple Sweet Potato Pie
Every holiday, is a sweet treat in my family. We always have sweet potato pie. I fooled around a bit with this one and made it my own.
2 largesweet potatoes, about 2 cups, riced if possible
2 largeeggs, room temp
1 largeegg, sepatated (optional)
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
2 Tbspreal butter, melted
2 Tbspmaple syrup
1 tspcinnamon (more to taste)
1 Tbspvanilla extract
1 chalf and half or 1/2 can of evaporated milk
1pie crust shell, uncooked (9in)
1/8 tspground nutmeg
1/8 tspallspice, ground
How to Make Maple Sweet Potato Pie
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the sweet potatoes, 2 eggs, sugar, maple syrup and butter with a mixer on medium-low speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, salt, nutmeg, allspice. Slowly beat in the half and half, mixing just until well combined.
- Set aside.
Press the dough into a pie pan. Prick the bottom and sides of the dough with the tines of a fork. Brush the crust with the optional egg white, if using. (Refrigerate the egg yolk for another purpose or discard.)
- Pour the reserved sweet potato mixture into the pie dough. Place on the center rack of an oven.
- Bake until filling firmly sets, about 45 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.