- 1 1/2 c
- almond flour
- 3 Tbsp
- unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 pinch
- baking soda
- 1/4 tsp
- 3 large
- egg yolks, reserve whites
- 1/4 c
- 1/4 c
- freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 large
- egg whites, beaten stiff
- 1/2 c
- yogurt, homemade from whole milk
How to Make Lemon Freeze
- 1Preheat the oven to 325F.
- 2Mix all the crust ingredients in a bowl using a fork and then your hands, until dough comes together in a ball.
- 3Flatten the dough into a disk.
- 4Lift the removable base from a 9 or 10-inch flan pan and cover it with a piece of parchment paper cut to fit. Place the flattened dough onto the parchment paper.
- 5Cover with a piece of plastic wrap and roll the dough out to the edges of the parchment paper.
- 6Return the base with the rolled-out dough on the flan ring and, with your fingers, gently press the edges of the dough about a 1/4 inch or so up the sides of the pan.
- 7Bake until lightly browned, about 5-7 minutes. Let cool.
- 9Whisk together the egg yolks, honey, and lemon juice in a double boiler or in a glass bowl sitting above a pot of boiling water. Cook the mixture until it turns from thin, frothy and bright yellow to thick, creamy, and butter-colored consistency, about 10-15 minutes.
- 10Remove from the hear and let cool at room temperature. To speed up the process, place the glass bowl in a larger bowl with ice.
- 11Beat the egg whites until stiff.
- 12Gently fold the yogurt into the cooled lemon mixture.
- 13Gently fold in the beaten egg whites.
- 14Pour the entire mixture into the cooled crust and freeze.
- 15Remove from the freezer and let stand in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes before serving.