Kay's Home~Made Chicken Pot Pie
- 1 box
- best choice rolled pie crust
- 2 can(s)
- breast of chicken
- 1 jar(s)
- chicken gravy
- 1 can(s)
- cream of chicken soup
- peeled and boiled potatoes
- chopped onions
- 1 jar(s)
- mushrooms, drained
- favorite can drained veggies
- mrs. dash
How to Make Kay's Home~Made Chicken Pot Pie
- 1In the Box of Pie Dough, there are 3 rolls inside, This dough is for a round pie crust, though I cut it to fit a 13 x 9 inch glass baking dish. It will take 2 rolls for bottom and sides of dish.
- 2Before putting cut dough into dish, I sprayed w/Canola non-stick spray.
- 3Open cans of Chicken, and in small cereal bowl, thread through the large chunks to make go further. Set aside.
- 4Have open all veggy cans and drain off Liquid. Pour each can onto pie crust, till all are used.
- 5Add the mushrooms, after draining, over all the veggies.
- 6Now drop chicken by fingers evenly over the mushrooms.
- 7Next sprinkle on the chopped onions.
- 8In a small bowl dilute the jar of Gravy with 1 can Cream of Chicken soup and a wee bit of milk, microwave for 1 & 1/2 minutes to dilute,
- 9The diluted items does not need to be warm, remove from Micro-wave and pour over the top of the dish of filling.
- 10Sprinkle on Mrs. Dash, we only use 1 dash, it's up to you. It is a salt substitute with extra flavoring to spice up a meal~
- 11Take the other part of the roll of dough and cut into long strips. Laying strips next to each other with a tiny area left open for bubbling.
- 12Preheat oven to 350 and put in your pot pie meal, Bake till golden brown, at least 20 t0 25 mminutes.
- 13Remove and allow a few minutes to cool off before serving.
- 14This will serve at least 6-8 people. Taste much better than store bought or from Swanson's home delivery~ Eat and Enjoy~Smiles, Kay~