Iron Skillet Apple Pie
- braeburn apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp
- cinnamon, ground
- 3/4 c
- granulated sugar
- 1 stick
- 1 c
- brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 pkg
- refrigerated pie crusts (2 crusts)
- egg white, stirred till frothy
- extra sugar for top
- 10 inch iron skillet
How to Make Iron Skillet Apple Pie
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Toss apples, cinnamon, and granulated sugar in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- 3Set a 10 inch iron skillet with the butter and brown sugar in the heated oven. Let this melt while stirring once or twice. When melted remove from oven and stir till blended.
- 4Place one of the pie crusts over the brown sugar mixture in the skillet. Top with the apple mixture. Place the other crust over the apples. Crimp the two crusts together, brush the crust with the egg white, sprinkle the top with extra sugar, cut a few slits in the top, and bake for about 1 hour 15 minutes. Spoon out servings and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream, if desired.