☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 tspcream of tartar
How to Make Ice cream pie
- Cover cookie sheet with heavy brown paper.
Beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar in 1 1/2 quart bowl until foamy.
- Beat in 3/4 cup sugar. 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy.
Do not underbeat.
- Shape meringue on brown paper into 9-inch circle with back of spoon, building up sides.
- Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Turn off oven; leave meringue in oven with door closed 1 hour.
Finish cooling meringue at room temperature.
- Fill baked meringue with ice cream and top with fresh berries or cut-up fruit.