☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- egg whites
- 1/4 tsp
- cream of tartar
- 3/4 c
- ice cream
- fresh fruit
How to Make Ice cream pie
- 1Cover cookie sheet with heavy brown paper.
Beat 3 egg whites and 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar in 1 1/2 quart bowl until foamy.
- 2Beat in 3/4 cup sugar. 1 tablespoon at a time; continue beating until stiff and glossy.
Do not underbeat.
- 3Shape meringue on brown paper into 9-inch circle with back of spoon, building up sides.
- 4Bake at 275 degrees for 1 1/2 hours.
Turn off oven; leave meringue in oven with door closed 1 hour.
Finish cooling meringue at room temperature.
- 5Fill baked meringue with ice cream and top with fresh berries or cut-up fruit.