☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 mediumlow-fat pie crust shell (which was the basis of this analysis); or you might try 1 fat-free pie crust for a much lower fat-per-serving value
1 Tbsplemon juice
7 1/2 cfresh strawberries, sliced and divided
1 1/2 tspunflavored gelatin
3 Tbspcold water
3/4 cfrozen strawberry daiquiri fruit-juice concentrate, thawed
How to Make Healthy Fresh Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Position knife blade in a food processor bowl; add 1 1/2 cups of strawberries. Process strawberries until smooth; set aside.
- Toss remaining strawberries with sugar in a large bowl; set aside.
- Sprinkle gelatin over 3 tablespoons cold water in a medium saucepan; let stand 1 minute.
- Add pured strawberries, fruit juice concentrate and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until gelatin dissolves.
- Combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water, stirring until smooth; add to gelatin mixture. Cook over medium heat 2 minutes or until thickened and glossy, stirring constantly; cool slightly.
- To Assemble Stir pured strawberry mixture into the large bowl of strawberry-sugar mixture. Spoon mixture into pie crust. Cover and chill in refrigerator for at least four hours.