Great Grandma's Coconut Cream Pie
1 csweetened, flaked coconut
1 clight cream
2 Tbspcorn starch
8 ozwhipped cream
·pre-made pie crust
How to Make Great Grandma's Coconut Cream Pie
- Bake pie crust according to directions on package and cool completely.
- Place milk and light cream in a double boiler. Add sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add 2 Tbsp. cold water to corn starch. Stir well.
- In a bowl beat egg yolks until they are light. Add the corn starch mixture to the yolks. Mix well.
- Add egg mixture to the milk mixture in the double boiler.
- Cook for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add vanilla and coconut. Stir. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Pour into prepared crust. Cover with plastic wrap and chill 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove plastic wrap. Cover with whipped cream.