Grandma's plachindas (PUMPKIN TURNOVERS) RECIPE
8 cshredded pumpkin (can use solid canned pumpkin)
1 1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cmaple syrup
1/2 stickbutter (cut into small cubes)
How to Make Grandma's plachindas (PUMPKIN TURNOVERS) RECIPE
- I use my Best Pie Crust recipe for these. Make up 2 batches of the recipe and set aside while you prepare the pumpkin filling.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dump the pumpkin into a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, and combine well.
- On a floured surface, roll a chunk of the crust to about 7-8 inches in diameter. Scoop a big spoonful (or more) onto the center of the rolled out piece. Lift the sides up together and crimp closed.
- Place on a baking sheet. Lightly brush the crust with water and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for about 15-20 minutes, keeping an eye on the plachindas after 15 minutes. You want to get a nice deep golden brown color. Remove, and serve. (my Dad and his siblings love to drizzle maple syrup over these when they eat them) I love them warm or cold. Enjoy