Grandma's Apple Cobbler
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
- golden delicious apples, enough for however deep you want the cobbler
- 1-1/2 c
- sugar (see directions for details)
- slightly heaping tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cloves
- heaping tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp
- nutmeg (or a little less)
- butter (see directions)
How to Make Grandma's Apple Cobbler
- 1Make two crusts, one for the bottom, and one for the top of a 13x9 baking pan.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place bottom crust in baking pan. Peel and slice apples and fill almost to the top (or according to your taste) of the 13x9 pan. In a one cup measuring cup, fill it to half a cup with sugar, add the two tbsp. flour, and mix well with a fork. Then add sugar to that mixture until it reaches the 1 cup mark. Pour into medium bowl and add another 1/2 cup of sugar. Mix, sugar, flour and spices with a whisk to blend. Sprinkle over apples. Spot with butter and add 1 cup of water to pour over apples.
- 3Place top crust over apples and crimp sides closed. Using a fork, punch holes in top layer. Bake until brown and bubbly.
- 4NOTE: If apples are hard, make slices thinner.