How to Make Grandma McDaniel's Huckleberry Pie
- 1Have pastry for a double crust pie ready, with bottom crust in pie pan. Preheat oven to 400* but reduce heat according to directions below.
- 2Use another pie pan to measure out fresh huckleberries. Not too full.
- 3Empty berries in bowl. Coat with sugar and flour.
- 4Place berries in pastry covered pie pan. Place second crust on top. Seal edges. Cut slits in top.
- 5Place foil or drip pan on lower rack to catch drips.
- 6Bake pie for 10 - 15 minutes. (Slightly browned on top.)Then reduce heat to 350*.
- 7Bake at 350* 30 min. longer