How to Make Grandma McDaniel's Huckleberry Pie
- Have pastry for a double crust pie ready, with bottom crust in pie pan. Preheat oven to 400* but reduce heat according to directions below.
- Use another pie pan to measure out fresh huckleberries. Not too full.
- Empty berries in bowl. Coat with sugar and flour.
- Place berries in pastry covered pie pan. Place second crust on top. Seal edges. Cut slits in top.
- Place foil or drip pan on lower rack to catch drips.
- Bake pie for 10 - 15 minutes. (Slightly browned on top.)Then reduce heat to 350*.
- Bake at 350* 30 min. longer