Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1recipe for single crust pie dough; see atk dough recipe
15 ozcanned pumpkin puree
7 ozdark brown sugar
2 tspground ginger
2 tspground cinnamon
1 tspground nutmeg
1/4 tspground cloves
2/3 cheavy cream
2/3 cwhole milk
How to Make Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 375 degrees. Roll dough into 12" circle between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. Remove top sheet, invert over a 9" pie plate and ease dough into plate. Remove remaining plastic and trim dough to 1/2" beyond lip of plate. Tuck dough under itself to be flush with edge of plate and flute evenly around the edge with your fingers.
- Cover dough loosely with plastic and freeze until firm--about 15 minutes. Remove plastic and bake until crust is light brown in color--20-25 minutes. Rotate half way through baking. Transfer to wire rack (crust must still be warm when filling is added) Adjust rack to lowest posi.tion and increase oven temperature to 425 degrees
- While crust bakes, process pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices together in a food processor until combined. Transfer mixture to a saucepan (no need to clean bowl) and bring to a simmer over medium high heat. Cook, stirring constantly until thick and shiny-about 5 minutes. Whisk in cream and milk, return to simmer briefly and remove from heat.
- Process eggs in food processor until uniform. With machine running, slowly add half of hot pumpkin mixture. Stop machine and add the rest and process until uniform .
- Immediately pour warm filling into warm partially baked crust. (if there is extra, ladle it into the pie after 5 minutes of baking) Bake until filling is puffed and lightly cracked around the edges and center wiggles slighlty when jiggled, about 25 minutes. Let pie cool until filling has set. Serve slightly warm or at room temperature.