Favorite Pecan Pie with Rum
Rose Mary Mogan
I wanted to compare it to some of the other Pecan Pie recipes I have made. This recipe did not disappoint. It holds it's shape, is not too sweet, & is just over all a WINNING RECIPE IN ALL categories. If you love pecan pie, I am confident you will love this one.
- 1 stick
- butter, melted
- 1 c
- 1/2 c
- light corn syrup
- 1/2 c
- dark corn syrup
- 4 large
- eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp
- vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1/4 tsp
- 1 1/2 c
- pecan halves (suggested 1 1/4, i used a bit more)
- refrigerated pie crust or homemade
- 3 Tbsp
- rum, (i used barcardi dark rum
How to Make Favorite Pecan Pie with Rum
- 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. I used Pillsbury refrigerated Pie Crust. Follow directions on package to line pie plate. NOTE: I did add my own spin to this recipe by combining light and dark syrups, & using Vanilla Bean Paste instead of vanilla extract & added the nuts to the pie crust and allowed them to float to the surface.
- 4Shape pie crust into pie plate, then prick with a fork, making sure pie crust conforms to shape of plate. Crimp Edges of crust. Add the pecan halves to the pie plate.
- 5Pour filling carefully into pie plate over the pecan halves, pecan halves will slowly begin to rise to the top. Place pie in preheated 325 degree F. oven and bake for 50 to 55 minutes. Serve warm or cold. Allow pie to at least come to room temperature before slicing. Serve with cool whip or ice cream if desired.