DIY Chocolate Pie Crust
How to Make DIY Chocolate Pie Crust
- Line an 8 or 9" pie plate with foil. Set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate together in a medium size microwave safe bowl, 30 seconds. Stir.
Return to microwave 10-15 seconds at a time, stirring after each interval, until melted and smooth.
- Add the crumbs, sugar, and water, and blend with a fork until thoroughly combined.
- Evenly distribute the crust mixture in the pie plate.
Using the fork, gently but firmly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate, forming the crust.
- Chill the crust for 30 minutes in the frig, or 15 minutes in the freezer.
Gently tip the crust out of the pie plate and peel off the foil.
Carefully return the crust to the pie plate.
Fill with desired filling.
- NOTE: I've tried several alternatives -- the foil-lined pan method is best.