1regular pie crust (not deep dish unless you want the pie thin))
3/4 cgranulated sugar
1/2 clight brown sugar (i used dark)
2 Tbspnonfat dry powered milk
1/2 cmelted butter, slightly cooled
6 1/2 Tbspheavy cream
1 1/2 tsppure vanilla extract
2 Tbspcorn flour (not corn meal, or cornstarch)
·confectionery sugar for sprinkling
How to Make CRACK PIE
- Preheat oven 375 degrees. First, lay parchment paper in bottom of pie crust and fill with pinto beans. Bake pie crust for about 15 minutes then remove form oven. Set aside. Reduce oven temp. to 350.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk sugar, powdered milk, salt and corn flour (You want find corn flour at the grocery store. I bought freeze dried corn at whole food and blended it in a blender until powdery).
- Add melted butter, and whisk (not too much) until blended. Add cream, eggs yolks and vanilla and whisk until cream is just blended in. DO NOT WHISK TOO MUCH because we don't want a lot of air to get in the mixture which will prevent the pie from being gooey and that is what the pie is all about.
- Pour filling into crust. Bake pie 30 minutes, reduce oven temp to 325 and continue for 20 minutes or until pie filling is brown on top (mine bakes perfectly for 50 minutes but keep baking until top of pie is brown then it's ready to take out).
- Cool about 10 minutes then sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Let cool several hours before cutting. ENJOY!