Chocolate Delight Ice Cream Pie
16 ozwhipped topping, thawed ( 2,, 8 oz tubs)
3 cchocolate graham cracker crumbs
1 smallchocolate fudge instant pudding (3.9 oz box)
1/2 chot fudge sauce
4 cchocolate ice cream ( softened)
3/4 cspecial dark chocolate baking chips ( or can use the candy bars, enough to get about 3/4 cup, melted)
How to Make Chocolate Delight Ice Cream Pie
- Ok let's get this party started. Go ahead and set that ice cream out so it can start softening up, or you can use the defrost mode on your microwave, just don't let it get runny, you want it like soft serve.
- Now for the graham cracker crumbs, you can buy the crumbs or use buy the boxes and use your food processor like I did. melt you butter and add to the crumbs, mix it up pretty good. Press 1/2 of the crumbs into the bottom of your dish ( set the other 1/2 aside)
- Now, in a large bowl or the bowl for your mixer, add 1 1/2 tubs of the cool whip,the hot fudge sauce ( you know the stuff you buy for your ice cream) and the instant pudding (dry). Mix well. Spread 1/2 of the cool whip mix over the crumbs.
- Now for that soft ice cream. Spread that over the cool whip. Now take the rest of those crumbs and spread over the ice cream.
- In a small/medium microwave safe bowl, melt those special dark chocolate chips ( if you can't find the chips just use the candy bars) take the remaining cool whip and mix into the melted chips, mix well, spread over the top crumbs. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and place in freezer.
- And now we WAIT. You have to wait, I know it will be hard, but you need that ice cream to firm back up really well. At least 8 hours, over night is better but who are we kidding, with this much chocolate we are not gonna wait that long.
- Ok wait time is over, scoop it out, cut it, just grab a spoon and dig in. No matter how you do it, just enjoy