Blackberry Cobbler /Blueberries Too
- 2 1/2 c
- fresh or frozen blackberries - if fresh, rinse and drain - if frozen like i used- drain well
- 1 c
- fresh or frozen blueberries , rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 c
- nutmeg & cinnamon
- 6 Tbsp
- 1 1/2 c
- 1 Tbsp
- melted butter and extra sugar for sprinkling crust
- 2 c
- 1/2 c
- 1 tsp
- 12 Tbsp
FILLING - IF NOT USING BLUEBERRIES, USE 3 CUPS BLACKBERRIES
CRUST - I USE FOOD PROCESSOR - SO MUCH QUICKER - CAN DO WITH A PASTRY CUTTER
How to Make Blackberry Cobbler /Blueberries Too
- 1First thing, make your dough and chill for about 15 minutes.
I use my food processor, so if you have one, it's so much quicker to use. If not use pastry blender.
Food processor method: In your bowl, pour flour, sugar, and butter...pulse roughly 10 times, till butter is pretty well blended in. Now, pour in the ice water and pulse till it comes together, forming crumbs.
Bowl method: Cut butter into flour with your pastry cutter.
Slowly incorporate ice water just until dough begins to form.
Pour this onto counter and press together into a ball.
- 10Place your other pastry strips on top in lattice fashion. I lay about half the strips out across the pan, about 1/2 inch apart, then weave the others through. This will not be hard. The dough is firm enough to work with. ( does not have to be perfect. ) Now,using a pastry brush; dab butter over the crust...sprinkle with sugar.
If you don't want to make a lattice, simply roll out the dough and make a top crust. Place on top of berries. Make sure you cut steam holes onto the top...brush with butter and sprinkle with sugar.