- 2 lbs lb
- of sweet potatoes
- 2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- lemon flavor
- 1/2 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- vanilla flavor
- 1/2 c
- condensed milk
1 STICK BUTTER
1/2 STICK CONDENSED MILK
PRE HEAT OVEN TO 375 AND WASH SWEET POTATO AND PLACE IN LARGE POT
AND COVER WITH WATER. BOIL POTATO UNTIL TENDER ENOUGH TO MASHED.
PLACE POTATO IN A MIXER AND ADD SUGAR,LEMON FLAVOR, VANILLA FLAVOR, CINNAMON AND NUTMEG AND MIX WELL.
MAKE SURE THE POTATOES ARE COOL BEFORE ADDING EGGS BUTTER, MARGARINE ARE ADDED.
AFTER ADDING THEM MIX WELL IF A THINNER CONSITENCEY IS NEEDED ADD 1/2 CUP CONDENSED MILK.
BAKE 45 MINUTES REMOVE FROM OVEN AND BRUSH BUTTER OVER PIE. AND CONT TO COOK FOR ANOTHER 15 MINUTES.
How to Make Aunt Katherine Sweet Potatoe Pie
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375 Wash sweet potato and place in a large pot and cover with water.
- 2Boil potato until tender enough to mashed. Place potato in a mixer.
- 3Add sugar, lemon flavor, vanilla flavor, cinnamon and nutmeg. Mix well. Make sure potato are cool.
- 4Before adding eggs butter margarine are added. After adding them mix well. If a thinner consistency is needed add 1/2 cup of condensed milk.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes, Remove from oven and brush butter over pie. And cont to cook for another 15 minutes.