This time of year makes you want to bake with apples and these old recipes are wonderful and I love to share them.
It is way too sad that they get lost and forgotten.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1/4 cbrown sugar
2 capples, diced
1 1/2 Tbspwater
1/2 tspbaking powder
1/4 cnuts, chopped
How to Make Auf-Lauf
- Butter casserole dish and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Fill about 1/3 full with peeled chopped apples.
Bake 350 degrees until partially soft.
- Beat egg yolks and sugar: then add water. Add sifted flour and baking powder. Add vanilla and nuts, mix.
- Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Pour over apples and bake about 30 minutes at 325.