Always Perfect Apple Pie
8tart apples (granny smith) cored, peeled, sliced
29-10" pie crusts
1/2 cunsalted butter
1/2 cwhite sugar
1/2 cbrown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 Tbspvanilla extract
How to Make Always Perfect Apple Pie
- Place 1 pie crust in bottom of pie plate.
- Unroll second pie crust and cut into 'strips' of pastry
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and stir together until smooth
- Add White and Brown sugar, water, vanilla, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir together until smooth, simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Add Apples and toss to coat
- Add coated apples to pie plate, reserve some remaining liquid.
- Lay pastry strips over apples in a criss-crossing pattern and press ends to top edge of bottom pastry. Use the longest pieces for the middle of the pie, and the shorter pieces towards the outside, leaving about 1 inch in between rows.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes
- Reduce heat to 350 and bake for another 40 mins