Grandmother's Lemon Squares
How to Make Grandmother's Lemon Squares
- 1CRUST: Sift flour with powdered sugar and salt.
- 2Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- 3Pat into a 13 x 9” pan with a slight ridge of crust up the sides to hold the filling.
- 4Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- 5FILLING: Beat eggs slightly adding sugar gradually.
- 6Stir in lemon juice then the flour mixed with baking powder. Stir until smooth.
- 7Pour mixture over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350°.
- 8Remove from oven and cool.
- 9While still slightly warm (not hot) sprinkle additional powdered sugar over top.
- 10When cool, cut into 1" x 2” squares. Makes approximately 60 squares.