Grandmother's Lemon Squares
1/2 cpowdered sugar
1 3/4 csugar
6 Tbsplemon juice
1/2 tspbaking powder
How to Make Grandmother's Lemon Squares
- CRUST: Sift flour with powdered sugar and salt.
- Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal.
- Pat into a 13 x 9” pan with a slight ridge of crust up the sides to hold the filling.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
- FILLING: Beat eggs slightly adding sugar gradually.
- Stir in lemon juice then the flour mixed with baking powder. Stir until smooth.
- Pour mixture over the baked crust and bake for 25 minutes at 350°.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- While still slightly warm (not hot) sprinkle additional powdered sugar over top.
- When cool, cut into 1" x 2” squares. Makes approximately 60 squares.