Easy Yeast Dough/Hungarian Cake/Dessert
The dough can be shaped into a cross at Easter or a wreath at Christmas. We put candied fruit cherries on top too.
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 pkgactive dry yeast
1/4 cvery warm water
4 cunsifted flour
***nut filling recipe to follow.
How to Make Easy Yeast Dough/Hungarian Cake/Dessert
- Scald milk. Mix in sugar, salt and margarine. Cool to lukewarm.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water (about 105’-115’).
- Add cooled milk mixture, egg and 2 cups flour. Beat until smooth with electric mixer if desired. Add 1/2 cup more flour and beat again.
- Beat additional 1 1/2 cups flour by hand. Cover with aluminum foil and refrigerate from 2 hours up to 2 full days.
- Remove from refrigerator and roll out on floured surface. At this time, heat oven to 350’-375’.
- Fill with Nut Filling*** Recipe to follow.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Brush with egg yolks and a little water before baking to make a shiny surface. Bake at 350’-375’ for 25 minutes.