Dessert Bars Supreme
1 pkgcake mix, desired flavor
1 1/2 cquick-cooking oats
1 cchopped nuts (optional)
1/2 cmargarine, softened
1 can(s)ready-to spread frosting, desired flavor
1 - 8 oz. pkgcream cheese, softened
How to Make Dessert Bars Supreme
- In a large bowl, combine base ingredients. Mix until crumbly. Reserve 2 cups for topping and press remaining crumbs into a sprayed 13x9 pan.
- In a large bowl, blend all filling ingredients. Beat at highest mixer speed until smooth and creamy.
- Pour filling over crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs. Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or until firm when pan is lightly shaken.
- Cool and cut into 36 bars. Store in refrigerator.
- High altitude -- Above 3500 feet, add 3 tbls. flour to the dry cake mix in base. Add 1 tbls. water to filling before mixing. Bake at 375 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Flavor combinations are endless -- Dark Chocolate Cake Mix with Buttercream Frosting; Yellow Cake Mix with Chocolate Frosting; Carrot or Pumpkin Cake Mix with Cream Cheese Frosting; Lemon Cake Mix with Lemon Frosting, etc., etc. You can also add 1/4 to 1/2 cup of peanut butter to vanilla frosting for a peanut butter filling. Mini chocolate chips can also be added to the filling.