☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
11/2cups all-purpose flour
21/2tablespoons white sugar
3tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3cup unsalted butter, cold, cubed
1/4cup whipping cream
1/4cup brazil nut, finely chopped
2/3cup whipping cream
4ounces bittersweet chocolate, good quality, chopped
1tablespoon orange liqueur, grand marnia cream
How to Make Dark Chocolate Truffle Tarts
- To make the tart shells, combine the flour, sugar and cocoa, mix well.
- Next add the butter cubes and mix until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- Add the cream slowly and work until dough forms.
- Press dough into tart shells or mini muffin pans and prick the dough with a toothpick.
- Let rest in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake the tart shells for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Let the shells cool a little in pans, once they are firm enough to handle take the shells out of the pans and finishing cooling on racks.
- In a small sauce pan, slightly heat the cream over medium heat.
- In a small bowl whisk the egg, then slowly add half the warm cream to the egg mixture, next you will add the warm egg cream mixture to the rest of the warm cream.
- Cook over medium heat for two minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened , do not allow to boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the bittersweet chocolate and the orange liqueur, to the mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Place half of the finely chopped Brazil nuts into the tarts shells.
- Pour the chocolate filling in the shells over the nuts .
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- Finally sprinkle the remaining Brazil nuts on the warm tarts and enjoy.