Grandma's Old Fashioned Butter Pecan Sundae
Also wonderful served warm over angel food cake, spice cake, apple cake or apple pie- almost anything! Sometimes I'll omit the pecans and add 1/2 tsp. of rum extract and sliced bananas into the pot at the end. So easy with pantry staples, you'll never buy the stuff in a jar again once you try your own homemade.
Super quick to make and I have to say this is THE best Butter Pecan Caramel I've ever had .. I am done with that stuff from the stores! The recipe made about 2 cups and I stored the extra in the fridge. It thickens up a bit in the fridge but is still spoonable. Use it slightly warmed or cold ... either way is a complete success!
- cup sugar
- cup brown sugar
- cup light corn syrup
- cup butter (don't substitute)
- cup heavy whipping cream
- cup chopped pecans, toasted
- your favorite ice cream, store bought or homemade
How to Make Grandma's Old Fashioned Butter Pecan Sundae
- 1Combine all ingredients except whipping cream and pecans in saucepan. Cook over low-medium heat stirring occasionally, 5-8 minutes or until mixture just comes to a low boil.
- 2Cool 5 minutes. Stir in whipping cream and pecans. Cool slightly before using. Serve over butter pecan, vanilla bean, chocolate ice cream or your favorite variety. Store unused butter pecan sauce in refrigerator.