Cannoli Ice Cream w/ Pistachios & Dark Chocolate
I loved it! Great recipe!
- 1/2 c
- whole vitamin d milk
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- vanilla extract
- small pinch
- 1 3/4 c
- good quality ricotta cheese
- 1/4 c
- raw pistashios
- 2 oz
- dark chocolate, at least 70%
- additional scoop(s)
- of pistashios and dark chocolate for garnish
How to Make Cannoli Ice Cream w/ Pistachios & Dark Chocolate
- 1Place sugar, vanilla, salt and milk in blender and blend until sugar is dissolved. Add ricotta and puree until very smooth; it should be a similar consistency to cake batter. If you taste it, be careful not to just sit down with a spoon and eat the whole thing. Yeah, it's that yummy!
- 2Pour in your ice cream maker and follow the manufactures instructions to freeze.
- 3In the meantime, roughly chop your pistachios and chocolate-both traditional additions to cannoli filling-into small chunks. About 5 minutes before done, add these.
- 4Once the ice cream is finished, it will be a thick, soft-serve consistency. You can fill some organic cones, dip into additional chopped nuts and chocolate, and freeze to make cannoli cones, or just spoon into a freezer safe container for at least a couple of hours, till it's very firm. Then you can scoop and serve on cones or in bowls. Garnish with additional nuts and chocolate! Yum!