4cups peach wine
2cups white sugar
1cup brown sugar
1/4cup lemon juice, bottled
6whole cinnamon sticks
2pieces candied ginger, finely shredded
How to Make Spiced Peaches in Peach Wine
- Peel peaches, leave whole and place in acid solution, while you finish peeling all the peaches.
- In a large pot, cook wine, white & brown sugars, lemon juice and one cinnamon stick.
- Stir until all sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and reserve the syrup.
- Rinse the peaches.
- Stick two cloves into each peach and add the peaches to the reserved syrup, heating the peaches until slightly softened.
- Remove from heat and allow peaches to sit in syrup overnight at room temperature.
- Next day, remove the cinnamon and cloves from the peaches.
- Slice the peaches into thick wedges and place back into the syrup.
- Next add the shredded candied ginger into the peach mixture and reheat the peaches.
- Once the peaches are hot, pack tightly into hot sterilized jars, make sure to add 1 stick of cinnamon to each jar.
- Cover the peaches completely with hot syrup, make sure to release any air bubbles, adding more syrup if necessary.
- Clean the rims and seal the jars.
- Process quart jars for 25 minutes in a water bath canner.