Rocco DiSpirito's Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
This is a gorgeous dessert and naturally low in calories if you don’t add a ton of sugar and serve it with whipped cream. In the heat of the oven, as they steam under the topping, the peaches and blueberries meld into a magical, flavorful filling that needs little help from sugar or fat. The spices are all the fruit requires.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 large
- ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 c
- fresh blueberries
- 1/4 c
- plus 2 tablespoons granulated splenda
- 3/4 c
- plus 1 tablespoon bisquick heart smart baking mix
- 1 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp
- ground cinnamon
- 1/3 c
- skim milk
- 2 Tbsp
- turbinado sugar, such as sugar in the raw
How to Make Rocco DiSpirito's Peach and Blueberry Cobbler
- 1Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Spray a 7×11-inch glass baking dish with cooking spray, and set it aside.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the peaches, blueberries, the ¼ cup Splenda, and the 1 tablespoon baking mix. Pour the fruit mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 3In a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons Splenda, the remaining ¾ cup Bisquick, and the ginger, cinnamon and milk. Stir until the mixture forms a soft dough. Drop spoonfuls of the dough evenly over the fruit mixture. Sprinkle the sugar over the dough.
- 4Bake the cobbler until the fruit is tender and the biscuit topping is golden brown, about 30 minutes. Let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.