1 can(s)21oz cherry pie filling, divided
1-1/2 cboiling water
1 pkg6oz jello cheery flavor gelatin
1-1/2 ccold water
4 cangel food cake cubes
2 pkg3.4oz jello vanilla instant pudding
3 ccold milk
18oz container cool whip, thawed, divided
How to Make MERRY CHERRY DESSERT
- Reserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- Add boiling water to gelatin; mix in a large bowl.
Stir at least 2 minutes, until completely dissolved.
Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- Refrigerate 45 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- Place cake cubes in 3qt. serving bowl.
Cover with gelatin mixture.
Refrigerate 45 minutes, or until gelatin layer is set, but not firm.
- Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk for 2 minutes.
Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
Spoon over gelatin layer in bowl.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Top with remaining Cool Whip and the reserved cherry pie filling.
Garnish with sliced almonds or fresh mint sprigs before serving.