- 1 can(s)
- 21oz cherry pie filling, divided
- 1-1/2 c
- boiling water
- 1 pkg
- 6oz jello cheery flavor gelatin
- 1-1/2 c
- cold water
- 4 c
- angel food cake cubes
- 2 pkg
- 3.4oz jello vanilla instant pudding
- 3 c
- cold milk
- 8oz container cool whip, thawed, divided
How to Make MERRY CHERRY DESSERT
- 1Reserve 1/3 cup cherry pie filling for garnish; set aside.
- 2Add boiling water to gelatin; mix in a large bowl.
Stir at least 2 minutes, until completely dissolved.
Stir in cold water and remaining cherry pie filling.
- 3Refrigerate 45 minutes, or until slightly thickened.
- 4Place cake cubes in 3qt. serving bowl.
Cover with gelatin mixture.
Refrigerate 45 minutes, or until gelatin layer is set, but not firm.
- 5Beat pudding mixes and milk in large bowl with whisk for 2 minutes.
Stir in 2 cups Cool Whip.
Spoon over gelatin layer in bowl.
Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
Top with remaining Cool Whip and the reserved cherry pie filling.
Garnish with sliced almonds or fresh mint sprigs before serving.